Earl Grey Melting Moments Recipe
Today I'm sharing a recipe of two of my favourite things combined - earl grey tea and melting moments! I don't know why, but I had the idea that the aromatic earl grey flavour would work really well with the smooth buttery goodness of a melting moment bikkie, and I was right! It does actually work! So here's how you do it, if you'd like to make some for yourself.
What you'll need:
- 360g butter
- 120g icing sugar
- 360g plain flour
- 120g custard powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 earl grey tea bags
- 120g butter
- 340g icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of milk
1. pre-heat oven to 160 degrees c. Remove tea from teabags.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Sift custard powder and plain flour 3 times, then add to the butter and sugar mixture. Stir through vanilla extract and loose earl grey tea.
3. On a lined baking tray, roll large teaspoons of mixture into balls. Press mixture down lightly with a fork, then bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. To make filling, cream butter and icing sugar together in a medium bowl.
5. Add vanilla extract, then gradually add milk while beating well. Add food colouring as desired.
I hope you like this delicious, melt in the mouth recipe! Be sure to enjoy with a cup of your favourite earl grey brew!