The Best Caramel Slice Recipe
Caramel slice is one of my all time favourite sweet treats. I have tried many different caramel slice recipes over the years, but I am yet to find one that is as good as this one. I found this recipe in the Afternoon Tea book by Frankie Magazine (which is unfortunately out of stock now, but you can still buy a digital copy), and thought I would share it with you today.
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1/2 cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g butter + 60g extra
- 2 tbs golden syrup
- 395g condensed milk
- 125g milk chocolate
- 60g copha
- Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease a shallow baking tin approximately 18 x 28 cm.
- Sift flour into a mixing bowl then add sugar and coconut and stir to combine. Melt 125g of butter and add to dry ingredients. Mix until well combined then press mixture into tin, making it as even as possible.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until golden brown.
- While the base is baking, melt the remaining butter in a small saucepan over a low heat. Add syrup and condensed milk and mix well until combined. Pour over baked base and return for the oven to bake for around 8 minutes or until bubbles appear on top. Set aside until cooled.
- While the slice is cooling, melt the chocolate and copha in a tight fitting bowl over a simmering pot of water, just ensure the bowl and water are not in contact. Stir until mixture is melted and combined then pour over slice. Chill until chocolate mixture is set.
So there you have it, the best recipe for delicious caramel slice. Hope you love it as much as I do! x