Today I'm sharing another slice recipe, this time Coconut Ice! There's something so nostalgic about coconut ice for me, not to mention it is so so pretty! It's the perfect slice to make for a picnic or an afternoon tea. Here is the recipe:
What you'll need:
- 4 1/2 cups of icing sugar
- 2 1/2 cups of desiccated coconut
- 1 tin of condensed milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extact
- a few drops of pink food colouring.
- Grease and line a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Sift the icing sugar into a large bowl. Add the coconut and mix together well.
- Make a well, and add the condensed milk and vanilla. Mix with a wooden spoon (you may need to use your hands to combine the mixture together fully).
- Separate the mixture into two equal halves. Press one-half of the mixture into the lined cake tin, flatten and compress well.
- Add a drop of pink food colouring to the other half of the mixture and mix until all the colouring is combined evenly. Press pink mixture on top of the white.
- Wrap tin in cling wrap and refrigerate for a few hours until set.
- Cut into small pieces with a sharp knife.